Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past 8 years, this idea has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
- NHSO showcased our musicians, guest artists, and talented community members with watch parties, interviews, and performances on YouTube.
- LIVE, socially-distanced, outdoor concerts were held at the Canal Dock Boathouse, sold out quickly, and will return in the late spring.
- VIRTUAL learning tools – including the Listen Up! podcast and Instrument Selection Resource Center – were created to support teachers and reach more than 12,000 online learners around the world.
- NEW music is being created to reflect these historic times: your NHSO is commissioning two works by prominent Black composers.
- RELIEF is being delivered to our players with the help of hundreds of donors like you through the Musicians Alternative Work Fund.
Your contribution makes an important different to our community. Thank you for helping keep music vibrant in the Greater New Haven region!
NHSO Members make the difference. Please consider making a donation to your NHSO today.Give a Donation