Literacy and music combine in Creating Musical Readers, designed for Pre K – 2nd graders
NHSO musicians bring musical stories to life as they read to students and their instruments become part of the story. A great way to learn about the instruments of the orchestra!
$185 for a 90 minute session
(2 performances – 45 minutes each)
Add an Instrument Discovery Zone for only $40!
Check out the exciting musical tales waiting to be told at your school or daycare center!
- Violin/Viola: Mole Music by David McPhail
- Viola: Sixth Violin by Hana Hashimoto
- Cello: Manuelo, The Playing Mantis by Don Freeman
- Flute: The Flute Player/La Flautista by Robyn Eversole
- Oboe: Hermann and Rosie by Gus Gordon
- Bassoon: Ralph’s Secret Weapon by Steve Kellogg
- Trumpet: Ben’s Trumpet by Rachel Isadora
- Percussion: Max Found Two Sticks by Brian Pinkney
Interested in Creating Musical Readers?
Contact the Education Department: firstname.lastname@example.org