The New Haven Symphony Orchestra is kicking off its 125th season by asking for submissions to its first Art Contest! We need covers for our Program Notes for Kids, which are written for kids to read during our Classics Series concerts. Winners and their families will receive free tickets to the concert on which their artwork is featured.
Your artwork can be of anything you like! You can draw the orchestra and its musicians, your favorite instruments, how music makes you feel, great composers, or any type of abstract art.
• Contest is open to PreK – 12 graders from across Connecticut
• Submissions should be drawn on 8.5 x 11” blank paper.
• Submissions can be in black & white or in color.
• On the back of each submission, please write your name, age, grade, school, and either an e-mail address or phone number where we may contact you.
• There is no limit to the amount of submissions a student may make.
• All submissions should be received at the NHSO office by Wednesday, September 19 at 5pm. Eight winners will be picked by the NHSO office staff, and will be notified by Friday, September 28.
• Submissions can be scanned/e-mailed to Education@NewHavenSymphony.org OR mailed to the NHSO office at 4 Hamilton Street, New Haven, CT 06511.