ADVISORY: This event has been cancelled due to weather.
Click here to view alternate performance dates.
Join the NHSO Brass Quintet as they team up with Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo! This free, outdoor Family Series will introduce children to the connections between music and their favorite stories and animals.
Pairing live animals and animal artifacts from the Zoo with vibrant performances by NHSO musicians, this exciting musical experience will encourage discovery and engage the imagination.
“Flight of the Bumblebee,” by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
Excerpts from The Carnival of the Animals, by Camille Saint-Saëns
The Race, by Gwyneth Walker
What to Expect
- A concert of instrumental music by two trumpets, a horn, a trombone, and a tuba.
- The Race is an exciting musical adaptation of the classic fable, “The Tortoise and the Hare,” and is performed with narration.
- A display of small, live animals and animal artifacts by members of The Beardsley Zoo staff.
- The concert will be approximately 1 hour long.
- Audience members of all ages are welcome but the concert will be best experienced by children ages 3-9.
- This is an informal event. Children are welcome to move around throughout the show.
- Seating is not provided. Please bring your own chairs or blankets to sit on while enjoying the show.
- Click here to learn more about Fair Haven School, including parking options and accessibility accommodations.
- Have questions about what to expect? Email our community engagement team at email@example.com or call (203) 865-0831 ext 17.
Health & Safety
Since this series will take place outdoors, audience members will not need to wear masks or provide proof of vaccination for these performances.