Get Happy! A Judy Garland Tribute
- This event has passed.
In celebration of Judy Garland’s centennial, songstress Joan Ellison brings Judy’s original symphonic arrangements back to life in a nostalgic trip from technicolor Hollywood to Carnegie Hall!
The hit parade includes The Trolley Song, Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart, Almost Like Being in Love, Stormy Weather, Chicago, and, of course, Over the Rainbow. (Arrangements used with the kind permission of the Judy Garland Heirs Trust.)
Please note: This concert will be 75 minutes long without intermission.
New Haven Symphony Orchestra
Chelsea Tipton, NHSO Principal Pops Conductor
Joan Ellison, guest featured vocal soloist
Adult tickets: $35-49
Youth 17 & under: Free with an adult ticket
College students: $10
As a thank you for returning to the concert hall, all members (donors) who purchase tickets to one of these Fall concerts will be emailed a $10 voucher to spend on tickets to other NHSO performances this season. The voucher will be emailed to you after the first Fall concert you attend. We appreciate your investment in the NHSO and support of the return to live concerts. Click here to become a member.
What to Expect
- A concert of instrumental music by a large orchestra conducted by the NHSO’s principal pops conductor Chelsea Tipton
- This concert will be approximately 75 minutes long with no intermission
- Audience members of all ages are welcome.
- Click here to learn more about the Lyman Center at SCSU, including parking options.
- Have questions about what to expect? Email our patron services team at BoxOffice@LongWharf.org or call (203) 693-1486.
Health & Safety
Although no event can be risk-free during this pandemic, we are taking every precaution possible to ensure the safety of our audience, musicians, and staff. In order to comply with this goal and regulations set forth by local government and our performance venues, we require the following of ALL attendees at this event:
- All audience members will be required to present a photo ID and proof of full vaccination or proof of negative Covid PCR test taken within 48 hours prior to the event.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home.
For the safety of all, anyone who is not willing or able to comply with these policies will be required to leave the event at the discretion and request of an NHSO staff member.
Click here to view our full Covid-19 rules and expectations.