- This event has passed.
Claude Debussy La Mer
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto
Jennifer Higdon Blue Cathedral
Lili Boulanger D’un Matin de Printemps
New Haven Symphony Orchestra
Alasdair Neale, conductor & music director
Vadim Gluzman, solo violin
What to Expect
- A concert of instrumental music by a large orchestra conducted by the NHSO’s music director Alasdair Neale, running approximately 2.5 hours including one intermission. All of the pieces feature the full orchestra and the Tchaikovsky features soloist Vadim Gluzman playing the solo violin part with the full orchestra.
- Audience members of all ages are welcome. The full concert might be long for some elementary school-aged children and it is OK to leave at intermission or between pieces if the program is too long for them.
- Click here to learn more about the Shubert Theatre, including parking options and accessibility accommodations.
- Have questions about what to expect? Email our patron services team at BoxOffice@LongWharf.org or call (203) 787-4282.
Health & Safety
Although no event can be risk-free during this pandemic, we are taking every precaution possible to ensure the safety of our audience, musicians, and staff. In order to comply with this goal and regulations set forth by local government and our performance venues, we require the following of ALL attendees at this event:
- All audience members will be required to present a photo ID and proof of full vaccination or proof of negative Covid test taken within 48 hours prior to the event.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home.
“Home tests” are not accepted at this time. For the safety of all, anyone who is not willing or able to comply with these policies will be required to leave the event at the discretion and request of an NHSO staff member.
Click here to view our full Covid-19 rules and expectations.