George Frideric Handel The Messiah
Experience the story and beauty of this musical holiday tradition in an intimate performance featuring the professional chamber choir from New Haven’s Christ Church.
25% of all ticket sales for this concert will be donated to the Community Soup Kitchen.
New Haven Symphony Orchestra
William Boughton, conductor
Adrienne Lotto, soprano
Allegra De Vita, alto
Gene Stenger, tenor
Harrison Hintzsche, bass
Christ Church Choir
This concert is sold out. Please use the wait list link button below to sign up for the wait list for tickets. If seats become available you will be contacted by the box office.
Join Wait List
There are also tickets remaining for the December 16 performance of Handel’s Messiah at Sacred Heart University’s Community Theatre. You can purchase tickets through the Theatre’s website.
What to Expect
- A concert of instrumental music by a small orchestra conducted by the NHSO’s music director Alasdair Neale. There will be a small (chamber) choir and 4 vocal soloists. The lyrics are in English.
- The program will run approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes. There will be one intermission.
- Audience members of all ages are welcome but the full concert might be long for some elementary school-aged children; we recommend trying just the first half of this concert if you’re planning to bring young children.
- Click here to learn more about St. Mary’s Church, including parking and elevator access to the main sanctuary.
- Have questions about what to expect? Email our patron services team at BoxOffice@LongWharf.org or call (203) 787-4282.
Health & Safety
Although no event can be risk-free during this pandemic, we are taking every precaution possible to ensure the safety of our audience, musicians, and staff. In order to comply with this goal and regulations set forth by local government and our performance venues, we require the following of ALL attendees at this event:
- All audience members will be required to present a photo ID and proof of full vaccination or proof of negative Covid test taken within 48 hours prior to the event.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home.
For the safety of all, anyone who is not willing or able to comply with these policies will be required to leave the event at the discretion and request of an NHSO staff member.
Click here to view our full Covid-19 rules and expectations.