Antonin Dvorak Symphony No. 9, “From the New World”
Darian Simerson The Fallen (world premiere)
Maurice Ravel Mother Goose Suite
Excerpts from The Snowy Day (east coast premiere)
Music by Joel Thompson
Libretto by Andrea Davis Pinkney
Based on the children’s picture book by Ezra Jack Keats
New Haven Symphony Orchestra
Alasdair Neale, conductor & music director
Flora Hawk, soprano
Lianna Wimberly Williams, soprano
Korin Thomas-Smith, baritone
Tickets to this concert range in price from $15-74 for adults; free for kids under 18 with the purchase of an adult ticket; and $10 for students or additional kid tickets.
What to Expect
- A concert of instrumental music by a large orchestra conducted by the NHSO’s music director Alasdair Neale. There will be three solo singers performing with the orchestra for The Snowy Day.
- Audience members of all ages are welcome. The full concert might be long for some elementary school-aged children and it is OK to leave at intermission if the program is too long for them.
- Click here to learn more about the Lyman Center for the Performing Arts, including parking options and accessibility accommodations. Parking for this concert is available in a free lot adjacent to the theater.
- Have questions about what to expect? Email our patron services team at BoxOffice@LongWharf.org or call (203) 787-4282.
Health & Safety
Although no event can be risk-free during this pandemic, we are taking every precaution possible to ensure the safety of our audience, musicians, and staff. In order to comply with this goal and regulations set forth by local government and our performance venues, we require the following of ALL attendees at this event:
- All audience members will be required to present a photo ID and proof of full vaccination or proof of negative Covid test taken within 48 hours prior to the event.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home.
For the safety of all, anyone who is not willing or able to comply with these policies will be required to leave the event at the discretion and request of an NHSO staff member.
Click here to view our full Covid-19 rules and expectations.